A popular blogger has gone and posted 19 rock-solid reasons you should delete your Facebook account. At the end of his post, he says he could have listed more, and that got me thinking… What other reasons could there be? So without further ado…
20. Facebook opens the door to ecumenicalism by allowing people of any denomination, be they Lutheran, Catholic, or even Southern Baptist to specify their religion as “Christian”, but not forcing them to specify exactly what type of Christian they are. Before removing one of my former “friends” (he had bought himself an iPod), I tried to edit his profile to add the word “carnal”, and it said I was not allowed to make that change. This totally flies in the face of biblical Christianity.
21. Facebook blurs the distinctions between male and female. Before you upload a profile photo, your picture is displayed as a unisex silhouette that could be taken for either male or female.
22. Facebook says that gross, wicked people are my friend. If I accidentally accept a friend request from a sinner, Facebook now claims that person is my friend, when this could never possibly be so in real life. (Oh, sorry, this is a duplicate).
23. The infinitesimally small amount of times a Bible verse comes up on Facebook, it is never from the AV 1611.
24. Facebook is how “the world” communicates. Since Facebook came around at some point after the 1950’s, it must be classified as “worldly”, along with such other things as movie theaters, NFL football, and the Bangels. As you know, James 4:4, friendship with the world is enmity with God.
25. It encourages you to do things Jesus Himself would not have done. He wouldn’t have been caught dead hanging around all of the sinners that infest Facebook–everyone knows He would have gone from one speaking engagement to the next, preaching at IFB revival conferences.
What do you think? Between the two of us, have we covered all of the reasons, or are there any that we are missing?